Page Speed Matters
Page Speed Matters
Page Speed Matters – Charles Snyder Raw #137. So I’ve been saying it for years, page loading speeds are very important. Since then, Google and Unbounce are telling you now as well. Consumers don’t like slow-loading pages and it can mean that you are leaving money on the table!
Page loading speed affects SEO scores!
First, I only touch upon some of the important highlights I found in the report.
- SEO Need For Speed – 1 Minute Marketing Tips #13
- WordPress Themes – 5 Minutes With Charles #47
- Major Content Changes – News & Announcements
Collateral Digital Damage
Anyway, in my video today I share some of the following revelations. When it comes to waiting, consumers think they are more patient than they really are. Here’s why:
- Nearly 70% of consumers admit that page load speeds influence their willingness to buy from a business.
- In practice, 85% of consumers will leave a web page if it takes more than 5 seconds to load.
- When a page loads slower than expected, 45.4% are less likely to buy, 36.8% are less likely to ever return and 11.9% will warn a friend.
Page Speed Matters: additional concerns
So if those numbers don’t scare you, I don’t know what will! For me, the astonishing thing is that marketers and business owners have an idea of how slow pages are hurting them, but very few are making it a priority. And even fewer are concerned with load speeds on mobile devices.
Since page speed also plays a part in SEO, I feel it’s important to make one more vital connection here. If you are getting a lot of people bouncing off of your web pages because of slow speeds, your online marketing is costing you more as well. So in other words, not only are slow pages costing you in lost sales – but they are also costing you more for online marketing!
But don’t just take my word for it, see what Moz has to say about loading time and SEO.
P.S. If you find our articles and videos to be entertaining and educational, take a moment to join our ROI Ninjas Weekly Kicks club. It’s free and it’s just one email, once per week. There’s no obligation or purchase necessary and you can unsubscribe at any time. Just click on the banner below now to get some awesome stuff in your inbox!
You must log in to post a comment.