Troubleshooting Traffic Growth
Troubleshooting Traffic Growth – Charles Snyder Raw #124. So I’m still feeling a bit under the weather and my voice isn’t quite back to normal yet. Since I still have some recordings that I made while in the Philippines, here’s another one for today. This time I am answering a question from Reim about her website traffic.
Focus on a niche!
Here is her original question:
“My website gets only 1,000 views per month and I’m starting to get discouraged. I promote, write frequently and do SEO. What could I be doing wrong?”Reim O.
Some recommendations for Reim
I did not have the chance to look at her website when I recorded this video, but I did today. And many of the things I briefly cover in the video are still just as relevant.
So specifically, it’s not enough to simply say that your audience is anyone interested in acoustic guitars. That is too broad of an audience and you’ll forever be lost in the crowd of thousands or even millions of other guitar players with a blog. You still have to niche down even further and define your audience or customer avatars.
- Perhaps focus on just young female acoustic guitar players from around the world. Define an age bracket you want to speak to.
- There are a lot of different types of guitars (of which I have a very little clue) – create a blog about your favorite and why you like to play it.
- Talk about what you know and your story in the “About Reim” section should be your first “Why” video! As in why do you do what you do.
- You have potentially a great story and website, you just need to focus your content, get specific about who you want to your ideal audience to be and the traffic will come.
- Finally, don’t overlook the value of marketing. It’s one thing to have a great guitar blog but if nobody knows about it, nobody knows about it.
Troubleshooting Traffic Growth: summary
Work on these recommendations I have given you and the traffic will come. So just know that it will take you some time and it won’t improve overnight. But things will improve the more you focus your content like a laser on your target audience.
Some additional articles and videos that will help you with defining your niche, your ideal audience and crafting a message that resonates with them:
- Develop Customer Avatars – Charles Snyder Raw #113
- Define Your Marketing Niche – 1 Minute Marketing Tips #17
- Create Customer Avatars – 1 Minute Marketing Tips #18
- Creating Winning Messages – 1 Minute Marketing Tips #19
- I Am The Marketing Ninja – My Personal Brand #11
PLEASE NOTE: I no longer answer questions like Troubleshooting Traffic Growth on Quora. There are no checks and balances in place for the rampant censorship by some moderators. And to make matters worse, inquiries about the anonymous censorship that goes on there have yet to see any reply. Since that is the case, I will continue to help others, I just won’t be wasting my time on that website. So Say Goodbye Quora!
Stay Connected: Follow us on social media. Stay up-to-date with the latest marketing advice, news, and tips by following us on social media. Join the conversation and connect with fellow business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketers.