Do You Need Backlinks?
Do You Need Backlinks – Charles Snyder Raw #94. Every so often, I see a question sent to us or posted somewhere and it just catches my eye. Some times the questions are sent to us directly, other times I stumble upon them. Since it doesn’t matter where the question comes from so much, just that it’s at least relevant to digital marketing.
So here is one question I saw on Quora and I just had to craft an answer for it. Specifically, someone wants to know:
“Do I have to make a backlink for my website?”Anonymous
The short answer is no, however…
Since I found no other information other than a web address, I answer the question in the broadest sense. But the short-short version is simple; no you do not have to make backlinks for your website.
However, you definitely want to earn them and I share why in my video. So what I’m talking about here is for SEO purposes. Or more specifically, I’m talking about ways to boost your website and page ranking.
Another option is that you can forego all the work and just get customers the easy way with marketing. First of all, I say this because SEO is always passive; you have no idea how long it will be before someone buys.
Do You Need Backlinks or more marketing?
Here’s why SEO is OK, but not a guaranteed sale:
- You have to pick a relevant keyword after doing some research to see how many are trying to rank for the same thing
- Then you have to create some content that matters to someone. Plus that content has to be at least 300 words. 900 is better if you want to rank good.
- Search engines need to spider it, which may take days to weeks. Or you have to manually submit the new content, but even that isn’t a sure thing.
- Someone has to be searching for your kind of product or service. Maybe they use the same keywords or phrases you tried to get ranked for. Maybe not.
- You have to rank well for that keyword. If you’re not in the top 10 – 15, you might want to look for at least part-time work while you wait.
- They then have to click on your link.
- Then they have to navigate through your website to maybe buy something…
That’s a whole lot of hurdles that someone has to jump over before they give you a dime! And just because someone went through all that extra work doesn’t necessarily mean they will ever buy from you.
I choose marketing over SEO every time!
You can do things much more efficiently with targeted digital marketing. It’s the same three-step method we use for our customers as well as for our own marketing. Here’s why online ads are better:
- Ask people if they want to buy your shit.
- Capture their information when they say yes.
- Sell shit!
Which one do you think works way better than the other?
PLEASE NOTE: I no longer answer questions like Do You Need Backlinks on Quora. There are no checks and balances in place for the rampant censorship by some moderators. And to make matters worse, inquiries about the anonymous censorship that goes on there have yet to see any reply. Since that is the case, I will continue to help others, I just won’t be wasting my time on that website. So Say Goodbye Quora!
P.S. If you find our articles and videos to be entertaining and educational, take a moment to join our ROI Ninjas Weekly Kicks club. It’s free and it’s just one email, once per week. There’s no obligation or purchase necessary and you can unsubscribe at any time. Just click on the banner below now to get some awesome stuff in your inbox!