Call To Action – 5 Minutes With Charles #12. Maybe you’re like a lot of small business owners and you want to know what a CTA (Call To Action) is. But how do you create a CTA? When and how are they used to drive desired outcomes with your audience?
If you don’t ask, they won’t do it.
So far in this series of articles and videos, you have seen a lot about business blogging, content creation, and adding value. But what do you do once you start getting attention and building a following? The answer is actually pretty easily done, you ask them to do something.
Closed mouths don’t get fed
What is the point of Inbound Marketing? The point is to nurture your audience, build trust, and to convert them into paying customers. But if you create mountains of content without asking them to do something, you’re missing a great opportunity.
So ask your audience to do something. Your CTA can be to subscribe to your blog feed or to follow you on social media. Or your CTA can be asking them to join your email list. Because always asking for a sale for new people is almost always a turn-off for them.
For example, at the end of every article and video, we have a CTA for people to like, follow, and share our content. But only about 20% of our content has a direct special offer or CTA for our Digital Marketing Services. Because the other 80% is designed to help you and to nurture you.
Call To Action: realizing opportunities
In summary, a CTA can be a button, an image, or some text that prompts your audience to do something. So that something can be sharing your content, following you. and/or joining your fantastic newsletter. But 80% of the time it should be something low-resistance, not asking for a sale.
However, here is another consideration for you; think of it as an opportunity to help them more in exchange for an email address. Once you have someone on your mailing list, you then offer even more help. Because now you are building a relationship and you are building trust.
P.S. If you find our articles and videos to be entertaining and educational, take a moment to Follow Us. You’ll be the first to know about any new content and get access to exclusive content that we don’t share with just anybody. Plus, you’ll get some pretty awesome deals! But you have to register now, and best of all, it’s free. Just click on the banner below.
Charles is the owner of C. E. Snyder Marketing LLC. His background includes 30+ years in the fire service. Since 1999, he has also become a published author and a public speaker from 2004 on. He is widely respected as the “go-to” guy for Digital Marketing, websites, and SEO, recently being recognized with the 2020 Best of Lancaster in Digital Marketing Award.
Charles is also known as “The Marketing Ninja” and is a serial entrepreneur. His favorite quote is “Make Stuff Happen!” Also, his personal interests include spending time with Ann, his fiancee, playing the occasional video game, and growing mutant eyebrow hairs since getting on the wrong side of 50 years old.