Business Blogging Facts – 1 Minute Marketing Tips #6. So here we are in 2018 (and beyond) and business owners are still struggling with this. But it is amazing that people still underestimate the value of a business blog. Or maybe more accurately, many business owners know that they should be blogging, but…
In other words, many are trying to avoid creating content. Are you one of them too?
Create Content Consistently!
Since 1999 there are more businesses starting blogs out there. But very few of them create much, if any content, much less updating it regularly. This is the whole purpose of having a blog in the first place; you need to be updating content regularly. Because fresh content keeps the search engine spiders and traffic coming back for more.
The basics of blogging for your business
First of all, having and using a business blog is a tool for long-term marketing. Sometimes this is referred to as content marketing, inbound marketing, or even search engine marketing. Whatever you like to call it, the simple concept is creating content that your target audience wants to read about. But consistently doing so regularly.
So you have to create content for it to ever work for you. In other words, your hammer doesn’t work unless you swing it, your screwdriver doesn’t work unless you turn it. Likewise, a business blog doesn’t work unless you are blogging with it. You have to be creating content consistently.
Secondly, having a separate blog from your website is pretty much like having a sports car without tires. Good luck going anywhere fast in a car like that! Similarly, a website without an integrated blog is not really going to benefit you no matter how much work you do. But even so, it’s better than not having any blog at all.
10 Business Blogging Facts you need to know
- There are more than 1.7 billion websites, but only about 600 million blogs
- The number of bloggers in the U.S. is estimated to hit 31.7 million in 2020
- 92% of content marketers use blog posts as part of their marketing strategy
- Experts recommend blog posts to be 1,500 – 2,000 words in length
- It takes bloggers an average of just under 4 hours to craft one blog post
- Most bloggers and experts agree that the quality of an article is the most important factor of all
- 97% of bloggers use social media to promote their content
- Businesses that publish 16+ articles a month receive 3.5x more traffic than those who publish less
- 60% of consumers say tha blog posts are invaluable in the early stages of the buying process
- 50%+ of content marketers say that blog content is their top priority
*Sources: GrowthBadger, OptinMonster, SEMrush, Databox, Statista, HubSpot
Business Blogging Facts: Looking back
So maybe it’s been about 10 years since I was writing 20+ articles about business blogging. I titled the series “Business Blogging 101” and it was a blog about, well business blogging. Those articles represented less than 10% of my blog content and yet accounted for nearly 40% of all traffic to my website. Another roughly 50% was for my many articles about search engine optimization, but that’s another blog (and video) for another day.
1 Minute Marketing Tips – one minute, one tip, one thing you can do today to improve your marketing!
Some related articles and videos
- Blogging Boosts SEO
- Common Sense Blogging
- More On Business Blogging
- 5 Blogging Facts
- Prolific Content Creation
Also, we highly recommend the following detailed articles:
Stay Connected: Follow us on social media. Stay up-to-date with the latest marketing advice, news, and tips by following us on social media. Join the conversation and connect with fellow business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketers.